Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Whispering is the fastest way to get noticed

You know, in an office environment, it's pretty standard for people to ignore what's happening on the other side of the cube wall. You have to, otherwise you never get anything done. That said, nothing attracts more attention than whispering! When you whisper, people want to know what you're saying.

I understand the need for confidentiality in the workplace, but when people sit in the cube next to mine, and whisper at the volume that I can only make out snippets, it immediately distracts me. I can't concentrate, because it's like having a buzzing in your ear! I end up paying more attention when you whisper than when you speak normally in a low tone!

In closing, take you goddamn gossip to the break room, or away from my cube!

No comments: